2019 STARS ON ICE
ONLINE CONTEST – OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES
Contest Entry Period opens 10:00 a.m. (ET) on April 8, 2019
and closes on 11:59 p.m. (ET) on April 14, 2019
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED.
THE CONTEST IS VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW
ENTRANTS BOUND BY THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES: Your entry into the Online Contest (the “Contest”) constitutes your full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these official rules (“Official Contest Rules”) and the decisions of the “Contest Sponsor” (defined below) related to the Contest, which are final and binding. Winning a Contest prize is contingent upon your compliance with, and fulfillment of, all requirements set forth in these Official Contest Rules and as otherwise provided by the Contest Sponsor.
ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to citizens or legal residents of Canada, excluding Quebec residents, who have reached the age of majority in their respective province and who are a member of Skate Canada’s database, in each case, at the time of Contest entry. This Contest is not open to persons who are employees, officers, or directors of IMG-Canada, Limited (“Contest Sponsor”), IMG Worldwide, LLC, Skate Canada, or any current sponsors of the Stars on Ice Tour (the “Tour”) or any parent, subsidiary, other affiliated entity, advertising agency, or promotion agency thereof, respectively, or any immediate family members (as defined below) or members of the same household, whether or not related, of such employees, officers or directors. For purposes of these Official Contest Rules, “immediate family members” means spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings (and any of their respective spouses).
CONTEST DESCRIPTION: On or about April 8, 2019, Skate Canada will send an email blast to its database of members announcing the 2019 Tour dates (“Contest Email”). The Contest Email will describe the Contest, the Contest prize (i.e., two (2) Meet-and Greet Passes to a 2019 Tour performance of Contest entrant’s choosing), and how each recipient of the Contest Email may enter the Contest by following the steps therein. The 2019 Tour is scheduled to take place during the period of April 26 – May 16, 2019.
CONTEST PRIZE: Subject to the other terms herein, there will be one winner in each of the eleven (11) 2019 Tour cities in Canada (each, a “Contest Winner”). Each Contest Winner will receive two (2) Meet-and-Greet Passes to meet with the 2019 Tour cast of skaters/performers, which Meet-and-Greet will take place immediately following the conclusion of the 2019 Tour performance the Contest Winner attends. TICKETS TO ACTUAL 2019 TOUR PERFORMANCE NOT INCLUDED OR PROVIDED AS PART OF THE CONTEST PRIZE. The total approximate retail value (“ARV”) for a Contest prize is Two Hundred Canadian Dollars (C$200). The Contest Winner is responsible for tickets to the Stars on Ice show and transportation to and from any 2019 Tour show to which a Contest prize relates, as well as any and all personal expenses. TRANSPORTATION TO/FROM THE 2019 TOUR SHOW VENUE AND LODGING ARE NOT INCLUDED OR PROVIDED AS PART OF THE CONTEST PRIZE.
HOW TO ENTER THE CONTEST: The only way to enter the Contest will be to click the link in the Contest Email. No other means of entry are allowed. The link will direct a potential Contest entrant to a landing page on www.starsonice.ca. The landing page will not be accessible on www.starsonice.ca by the public.
Here are the steps:
1. Potential Contest entrants will receive the Contest Email which will contain with a link to a webpage specific to the Contest, where Contest entrants may provide or submit the information described below.
2. Contest entrants will be required to, among other things, provide the following information during the Contest Period (defined below):
- Date of birth
- Mailing address (province, postal code)
- Best phone number to reach Contest entrant (daytime, evening or mobile)
- Email address
- Tour city in which Contest entrant plans on attending the Tour performance
Limit one entry per person / Authorized Account Holder (as defined below).
ODDS OF WINNING: Odds of winning depend on the number of entries received during the Contest Period
CONTEST PERIOD: The entry period of the Contest (the “Contest Period”) shall begin on or about April 8, 2019 at 10:00 a.m. (ET) and shall conclude at 11:59 p.m. (ET) on April 14, 2019. All times are based solely on Contest Sponsor’s computer clock. Contest Sponsor reserves the right to modify the Contest Period at any time without further notice.
CERTAIN ENTRY AND PRIZE CONDITIONS: The following conditions and restrictions apply to the Contest:
- Contest entrants may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails from Contest Sponsor. Consenting to receive such promotional e-mails is optional and is not a condition of entering or winning the Contest and will not increase the chances of winning.
- Contest Winners will each receive two (2) post-show Meet & Greet passes to the show which was indicated on the Contest Winner’s entry form. The Meet & Greet passes will be picked up at the applicable 2019 Tour city show venue’s box office on the day of the show, upon presentation of a photo identification by the Contest Winner. The Contest Sponsor (and the venue owner or manager responsible for a 2019 Tour show related to a Contest prize) is not responsible for the cancellation or rescheduling of any 2019 Tour show and Contest Sponsor reserves the right to not award a Contest prize in the event the 2019 Tour show selected by a Contest Winner is cancelled or rescheduled, in any such cases, without any payment or obligation to the Contest Winner or his/her companion. Show tickets, meals, gratuities, or travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of a Contest Winner. Contest Winner and his/her guest must have all necessary identification to use a Contest prize.
SELECTION OF CONTEST WINNERS: Each of the eleven (11) potential Contest Winners will be chosen at random by a representative of the Contest Sponsor from all of the eligible entries received for a particular 2019 Tour show city. The potential Contest Winners will be determined within five (5) days from the close of the Contest Period. The potential Contest Winners will be contacted by email or other means determined by the Contest Sponsor (using the information provided by such Contest entrants) by a representative of Contest Sponsor. Each potential Contest Winner must also answer correctly, within a prescribed set of time, a mathematical skill-testing question without the benefit of any calculating devices before a Contest prize will be awarded thereto. Should a potential Contest Winner answer the skill-testing question correctly, the potential Contest Winner shall become a Contest Winner if/when Contest Sponsor verifies such potential Contest Winner's identification and eligibility and such potential Contest Winner meets any other requirements of Contest Sponsor specified herein or described by Contest Sponsor at or around the time such Contest entrant is notified that he/she has become a potential Contest Winner (e.g., signing and returning a release agreement).
SELECTION OF AN ALTERNATE CONTEST WINNERS: If a potential Contest Winner, among other things, (1) is unable to accept a Contest prize; or (2) cannot be located (or is not responsive to Contest Sponsor’s notification attempts) within 48 hours of Contest Sponsor’s attempt to contact such Contest Winner; or (3) is deemed ineligible to receive the Contest prize for any reason; or (4) fails to complete the mathematical skill-testing question in accordance with the requirements of Contest Sponsor; or (5) refuses a Contest prize for any reason; or (6) fails to return (and to cause his/her potential guest or companion to return) a release agreement or any other information, documents or materials requested by Contest Sponsor in the time frame specified by Contest Sponsor, then, in each case, Contest Sponsor, in its sole and absolute discretion, may select another potential Contest Winner.
NO SUBSTITUTION OR TRANSFER OF THE CONTEST PRIZE: A Contest prize may not be substituted or exchanged for any other thing or service of value nor redeemed for cash, credit or any other consideration. Further, a Contest prize is not transferable.
ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGEMENTS, REPRESENTATIONS, RELEASES AND INDEMNIFICATION:
- Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, to terminate, or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) or change these Official Contest Rules at any time.
- Each Contest entrant represents and warrants that all information provided by and/or confirmed by such entrant in connection with the Contest is true, accurate and complete.
- Any Contest submission may, in Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, be rejected if it fails to follow the technical and/or legal requirements disclosed in the Contest Email, on any website used to administer or implement the Contest or in these Official Contest Rules. Potential Contest entrants who do not follow all of the instructions, provide the required information in their entry form, or abide by these Official Contest Rules or other instructions of Contest Sponsor may be disqualified at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. All Contest entries that are late, illegible, incomplete, damaged, destroyed, misdirected, or not able to be viewed, forged or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Contest Rules or the Contest Email may be disqualified from the Contest at Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Contest entries generated by script, macro or other automated means and entries by any means which subvert the Contest entry process are void. If a dispute arises regarding who submitted an online entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the e-mail address provided or confirmed at time of entry. “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Potential Contest Winners may be required to show proof of being the Authorized Account Holder.
- Contest Sponsor and its employees and agents are not responsible for any Contest entries that are late, damaged, misdirected, stolen, tampered with, deleted, or invalid entries or not able to be viewed due to, without limitation, any transmission, network, telephone, cable, hardware, software, or other problems of any kind, or whether the cause is mechanical, electronic, human, or a result of an act of force majeure (such as a hurricane or earthquake), whether within or beyond the control of Contest Sponsor and/or its employees and/or agents. Contest Sponsor takes no responsibility for any failure of the website(s) used to administer or conduct the Contest or for any delays, problems or technical malfunctions of computer on-line systems, servers, satellites, antenna, dishes, telephone or cable providers, service providers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line, or internet Contest entry to be received by Contest Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to a Contest entrant's or any other person's computer or access system related to or resulting from entering or downloading any material in connection with the Contest.
- All Contest entries become the property of Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
- If the Contest is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes that Contest Sponsor, in the sole opinion of Contest Sponsor, deems could corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Contest Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest (or any portion thereof) or Contest prizes and/or, if appropriate, select the Contest Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as Contest Sponsor may deem fair and appropriate.
- Each Contest entrant agrees to abide by all international, federal, provincial and local laws relevant and applicable to the Contest.
- The Contest is void where it violates any international, federal, provincial and local laws relevant and applicable to the Contest.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST OR ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, CONTEST SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY AND/OR SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR ENTITY RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- By entering the Contest, each Contest entrant agrees to have his/her name, city of residence, voice, image, photographs and likenesses used worldwide in perpetuity for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes, for editorial purposes concerning the Contest or succeeding contests and for editorial publicity, special events and advertising purposes in connection with promoting Contest Sponsor and/or its affiliated companies, the Tour (or a similar event), www.starsonice.ca or such other purposes as Contest Sponsor determines in its sole discretion without payment of any financial or other compensation to such Contest entrant, or any Contest entrant’s notification or approval.
- By entering the Contest, if he/she is selected as a potential Contest Winner, each Contest entrant must sign and return to Contest Sponsor a release agreement (and cause any potential guest or companion thereof to sign a release agreement for the benefit of Contest Sponsor) prior to becoming a Contest Winner. Pursuant to the release agreements, the Contest Winner and the guest or companion of the Contest Winner each will agree to hold Contest Sponsor and, without limitation, its affiliates, officers, shareholders, directors, employees, sponsors, vendors, agents and representatives harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from participation in the Contest (including any associated with the receipt and/or enjoyment of a Contest prize).
- By entering the Contest, Contest entrants release and hold the Contest Sponsor and any affiliated entities, advertisers, or promotional agencies thereof and each of their respective directors, successors, sponsors, partners, licensees, officers, agents, employees, advisors, and assignees, and all others associated with the development, administration, implementation and/or execution of the Contest (including Skate Canada) harmless from and against any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and actions of any kind arising in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from the Contest or participation in any Contest-related activity, or resulting directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize awarded in connection with the Contest, including, without limitation, causes of action, claims and demands, including legal fees and expenses, including, but not limited to, claims based on negligence, breach of contract and liability for physical injury, death, or property damage which the entrants or their respective administrators, heirs, successors or assigns might have or could have, by reason of or arising out of the entrants’ participation in the Contest and/or in connection with the acceptance and/or use by the entrants of a Contest prize. The Contest, each Contest prize, and all materials provided on or through a website associated with the Contest (or otherwise) are provided “as is” without warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including without limitation the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
DISPUTES: Except where prohibited by applicable law, each Contest entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with the Contest, these Official Contest Rules or any Contest prize awarded, other than claims or causes related to the administration of the Contest (including, without limitation, the determination of Contest Winners) which shall be effected in Contest Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by binding arbitration in Toronto, Ontario; (2) any and all awards thereto shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering the Contest, but in no event include attorneys' fees or punitive, incidental, consequential, special or exemplary damages; and (3) it irrevocably waives any right to seek injunctive or equitable relief. All questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Contest Rules and/or the rights and obligations of a Contest entrant and the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by the laws of Ontario.
THE CONTEST WINNERS LIST: The names of the Contest Winners can be obtained through May 18, 2019 by sending a self-addressed, stamped envelope to:
Stars on Ice
IMG Worldwide, LLC
IMG Center, Suite 100
1360 East 9th Street
Cleveland, Ohio 44114-1782
THE CONTEST SPONSOR: IMG-CANADA, LIMITED, having an office at 175 Bloor Street East, South Tower, Suite 1001, Toronto, Ontario M4W 3R8.
© 2019. IMG-Canada, Limited. All rights reserved.